PLEASE PRINT OUT THE RULES, GUIDELINES AND TIPS AT THE LINKS ON THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
BOOTH RESERVATIONS OPEN August 15th @ 10 AM!!
SEE BELOW FOR INFORMATION!!
Downtown Mesa Festival of the Arts (DTMesaFest)
Participation Rules, Guidelines and Tips for the 2017—2018 Season
May 7th, 2017
1. Location: The festival will be located on North MacDonald St., between Main St. and Pepper Pl., then wrapping onto Pepper Pl. to the west. *The 2 shows in Dec and one addition show on Nov 11th will be on South MacDonald St., off of Main St. This section will be closed to vehicle traffic, with exception of load in and load out of the festival. An information booth, manned by festival volunteers, will be located on the corner of the Main and MacDonald intersection.
2. Event Schedule: Festival will be held on the first and third (1st & 3rd) Saturdays of each month, October through April, with one extra date in Nov. Event hours will remain 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, with set-up beginning at 7:00 am and take-down beginning at 4:00 pm. * The 2 Dec Shows & one additional show on Nov 11th will be from 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm, with set-up beginning at 12:00 pm noon and take-down beginning at 8:00 pm. No early tear down will be allowed, unless specified by event organizers.
3. Parking: Vehicle parking for participating artists is provided in the parking structure on the north side of Pepper, just east of the AZ Museum of Natural History; and, at the southeast corner of N. MacDonald and Pepper for those that need handicap parking or vehicles that will not fit in the parking structure. Dec shows and Nov 11th show can park in Orange or Gold lot. Click here for map of parking:
4. Restrooms: Portable restrooms will be located in the enclosure at the northwest corner of the parking lot (SE corner of MacDonald & Pepper).
5. Artist-vendor Registration/ Buying Space:
Artist-vendor Registration: Season Package will only be available until the 6th of Oct, Extra show in Nov 11th, will not be part of season package, must be purchased separately.
Follow this link for registration: CLICK HERE TO BUY SPACE
Follow these instructions:
Select the date you wish to attend - Buy.
Seat Quantity - pick one or two depending on how many you need
Section - select Street
Enter Word Verification and then Check Out
You will be prompted to select more than one date if you chose or close and continue
Use old account or create new
If you cannot remember log in you may contact the box office
It will ask you to select a delivery method for receipt,
Enter payment method and buy
*You will get your confirmation via your email entered
In purchasing a space and participating in the festival the artist/vendor is agreeing to hold Downtown Mesa Festival of the Arts (DTMesaFest), Ultimate Imaginations, Inc. (UII), the Downtown Mesa Association (DMA), and the City of Mesa harmless for theft of, damage to, loss or destruction of merchandise, materials, equipment or personal property. I also understand that DTMesaFest, UII, DMA, and the City of Mesa will not be held responsible for sales, weather, or other unforeseen revenue losses and does not guarantee revenues or number of patrons. I also certify that my business/self is in compliance with all Tax and where applicable, state health regulations and, if applicable, operations are appropriately permitted by Maricopa County.
6. Exhibit Space Rental: The Mesa Arts Center Box Office will continue to rent 10 ft. X 10 ft. spaces to artist-vendors at the rate of $25.00 per event. Specific space numbers will not be reserved. Street spaces shall require the artist-vendor to erect a canopy over his/her display. Canopies can be any color, but must be 10 ft. x 10 ft. Weights must be used, for safety. Straight legged canopies preferred. Sidewalk spaces will be used for youth/college vendors and non-profits only, canopies can be used in sidewalk spaces. If you are a youth/college vendor attending for the first season or a non-profit that sells items made by organization, and interested in more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All ticket purchases are non-refundable. In the case of a festival must be canceled due to bad weather, purchased tickets will be honored for a later event, up through April. Exhibit spaces
7. Set-up and Take-down: Due to space restrictions, one-way vehicle movement, in and out of the exhibit area, will be enforced for safety. Upon arrival at the Main St. entrance next to the Information Booth, artist-vendors will be asked for name to verify on list or to show their receipt if purchased space after 2 pm the Friday prior to show. During event set-up starting at 7:00 am or 12:00 pm for Dec and extra Nov Show, occupation of spaces will be sequential, in order of artist-vendor arrival on site, beginning at the Main St. entrance, and progressing. All registered artist-vendors must be unloaded by 9:30am as no vehicles will be allowed to enter the exhibit area at Main St. after 9:30 am, or 1:30 pm for Dec and one extra Nov show. At 4:00 pm, artist-vendors shall disassemble and pack their products and equipment in place. 8:00 pm for Dec and one extra Nov show. No early tear down will be allowed, unless specified by event organizers. Once their items are ready to load out; packed down to include tent and placed towards back of area, they may retrieve their vehicle and re-enter the exhibit area from the entrance specified by volunteers in charge of load out.
8. Exhibit/Display Equipment: All equipment needed for exhibit must be furnished by the artist. This includes canopy weights; which are required for safety to you, other vendors, and the public, tables, chairs, etc... Canopies can be any color, but must be 10 ft. x 10 ft. Weights must be used, for safety. Straight legged canopies preferred. If electric power is needed, some 15-amp ac-power outlets, provided by the city, are located on the raised curb areas near the exhibit spaces, but artist-vendors must provide their own extension cords and tape to secure down for safety. Packing materials and clutter must not be visible in the exhibit space from visitor/pedestrian viewpoint. Artist-vendors are reminded to ensure personnel safety by preventing hazards, such as protrusions of sharp objects in and around the exhibit space, broken glass, spilled liquids, etc…
9. Exhibit/Display Restrictions/Requirements:
- No alcoholic beverages & no smoking in exhibition areas as per State Law.
- No gas/propane heaters or canisters in exhibit space or surrounding area for safety reasons.
- Transactions and delivery of product are the responsibility of the registered artist/vendor.
- Must have valid State with City of Mesa tax licenses, Transaction Privilege Tax (TPT) (must be avail. on site).
- Artists' wishing to bring their pets to the festival are strongly discouraged, as the pets may become a distraction to your purpose there. If they are to accompany you they must be leashed and/or in portable kennels at all times.
- The Festival is committed to upholding high standards of artistic products and display. Artists must be present at their booths to sell their own work. Exceptions may be necessary from time to time (due to lunch or restroom breaks, illness etc.), but the festival is a “Made by Me” festival, and the public will expect to meet the artists. Only quality, original, handmade works of arts and crafts will be exhibited by the artists themselves (“made by me”). In general, this includes original work made substantially by hand, wherein the skill and technique of manipulating glass, metal, wood, fiber, clay, and other materials is primary to the artistic process. This includes paintings, drawings/sketches, sculptures, ceramics, jewelry, decorative metal, glass or woodwork, quilting, etc…
- Crafters of pre-packaged, non-perishable foods (e.g. salsas, condiments, jams/jellies, breads, canned olives, etc.), health & hygiene items (soaps, lotions/potions, etc.), produced by the on-site craftsman, are encouraged to participate. Exhibitors of pre-packaged, prepared foods must be in possession of all required permits and/or licenses, and insurance, and must show proof of prior to event. Downtown Mesa Festival of the Arts (DTMesaFest), Ultimate Imaginations, Inc. (UII), the Downtown Mesa Association (DMA), and the City of Mesa must be on their insurance.
- Archival prints and copies can be exhibited, but a minimum of three original works by the exhibiting artist must be present within the exhibit space.
- These Standards will be monitored by the Director and Deputy Director of the festival, which reserves the right to refuse participation in the festival due to non-compliance with these standards.
11. Artist-vendor Tips:
- We recommend that your exhibit area reflect a visual appeal complimentary to your art and craft; inviting, clean, and free of debris.
- Consider the safety of others in display materials used at all times.
- Consider the appropriateness of exhibited material, since this is a family friendly event. Consider having the following:
- Access to Business Cards and printed material
- Artist Bio/Portfolio material for public viewing
- Guest sign-in book
- Prepare for customer service; appropriate money exchange. Sell product with packaging/handling material.
- Place all food waste and wrappers in nearby trash dispensers.
- Ensure that your contact information is up-to-date by emailing email@example.com with any changes. So don’t miss out on important emails.
- Include business name when registering for spaces – makes it easier for us to promote.
- If you become unable to attend a show that you are registered for please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Important to like Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/DowntownMesaFestivaloftheArts - announcements will be placed there regularly.
- Volunteers staff the Information Booth on regular event days from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Dec and extra Nov show from 1:00 pm to 8:00 pm. They are there to answer your and the public’s questions
- Festival website: http://www.dtmesafest.com.
- To be added to the artist email distribution list: email@example.com. If you have been a vendor during the last or current season you will be on the email list.
- Transaction Privilege Tax (TPT) information is available at: https://www.azdor.gov/Business/TransactionPrivilegeTax.aspx.
- Mesa Arts Center Box Office is located at the southwest corner of the Studios North building next to the exterior stair case and elevator. Hours: Mon-Fri 10 am-7 pm; Sat 10 am-5 pm; Sun 12 pm-4 pm. Mesa Arts Center Box Office phone: 480-644-6500.
Link to PDF version of rules, guides and tips
Link to Word version of rules, guides, and tips